I am 26.
How time flies so fast. My High School Musical themed party last year is still fresh in my memory but here I am another year older. This year, I’m still undecided if I’ll be having my post-birthday party. Me and my friends planned an island adventure for my birthday weekend but we need to shelve it for the effin’ weather. So here I am, keeping myself preoccupied.
For those who are following this blog (All 9 of you. Hahaha! ), I assume you have watched the birthday video greeting that my friends made. There is one message there that says something like “I don’t know much about you!” which led me to write something about what are the things about me that most people are not aware of.
Since it’s my 26th birth anniversary, let’s limit this to 26 facts only! Let’s start!
26. Winnie the Pooh. I used to collect Winnie the Pooh stuffs. From school supplies to room decors to mugs, but since I’m getting older and Winnie the Pooh doesn’t suit me anymore I’ve decided to sell most of the Pooh items during one of our garage sales.
25. Table Tennis. I hate physical activities when I was still studying. I hate ball games and gymnastics. The only sport that I’ve learned to play and love is Table Tennis.
24. The Uncanny X-men. I’m not a fan of cartoons when I was a kid. X-men is the only cartoon TV series that made me stay at home on Friday nights of 1992. Gambit is my favorite character.
24. Turkey. I honestly don’t know how it started, but every time I see birds and fowls I feel like I wanna vomit. Especially Turkeys. I know that in the USA they serve Turkeys on special occasions but I really can’t stand the fact that I’ll be eating one. Ew!
23. Director. Other than being a photographer, being a director is one of my dreams. I once directed a rainy season plug with my cousins when I was 17. Here is the link of a project I directed http://vimeo.com/24369356 .
22. Combination Skin Type. I consider this as the most weird fact about me. My face is a combination of dry and oily skin. If it’s dry the skin-peeling annoys me same as if the skin is so oily. I use a moisturizer (if it is dry) and a baby powder (if it turns oily) to solve this skin problem.
21. SHOWBIZ. I, Lyndon Martin is a self-confessed showbiz lover. Whether it is local or international showbiz news I’m interested with it.
20. Claustrophobic. Actually, I’m not sure if I really have a claustrophobia but I can’t breathe properly in small places. Let me borrow a line from Ms. Maricel Soriano, “Ayoko ng madumi, Ayoko ng masikip, Ayoko ng mabaho!”.
19. Isaw. Isaw ng baboy is my favorite street food. I even like it more than BBQ.
18. First Kiss. I experienced my first real kiss when I was in Junior High School. We were playing truth or dare that time. Marie Gil Punongbayan-Quijano aka MARSHY was my first kiss. Right Marie? Hahahaha.
17. Telebabad. This is one of the oldest habit that I can’t break. From the land phone during High School and up until now through mobile phone. The longest hour that I’ve spent talking to someone over the phone is 7 hours. If you’ll think about it, 1 hour more and I can already work as a telephone operator.
16. Board game. I will never trade board game with any other virtual games. Even during my younger years I chose to play board games than playing physical games. Millionaire’s Game is my fave before and Cluedo is my fave now.
15. Collector. I confess that I am an impulsive buyer thus the reason for my growing number of collections. I started collecting HAVAIANAS in 2004 when I bought my first pair (a white brasil), now I have 23 pairs and still counting. My love for STARBUCKS items started when my friend Minio gave me my first mug on Christmas of 2005. September of the same year I bought my very first FHM magazine with Bianca King on the cover and I started looking for back issues. Now, I lost count how many FHM magazines I have. It was year 2006, when High School Musical was shown on Disney channel and I instantly fell in love with the show which triggered me to buy HSM items (very childish of me).
14. Raciel Aguilar. This girl is my very first crush in kindergarten. Being in an exclusive school for boys I never got the chance of seeing her again. Not until we became classmates in 1st year High. Now, I seldom see her but I believe we remained friends.
13. T.G.I.S. (the movie). Being an avid fan of the show, I watched the movie version January of 1997. I remember, I will rent VHS copy of this movie weekly in Video City. Until my brother gave me a copy as a Christmas gift. I swear I can watch this over and over again. Plus, I memorize each character’s dialogue. How’s that? Hahaha…
12. Driving. I’ve been driving since 2006 but until now, I can’t drive alone and I can’t drive on Highways. Also long drives drive me nuts, that’s why I prefer plane rides on trips out of town.
11. Best Friends (the new That’s Entertainment). It was in 1998 when a talent scout (I believe the name is Toots Paronda) visited our school. He entered every classroom in High School to look for possible talents. I was one of the chosen participants from our class but the school admin didn’t allow us to audition.
10. Fried Chicken. I can eat fried chicken everyday. This is one viand I will never trade with anything.
9. Candy and Gum. I know it’s weird but my mind will not function well if I don’t have a dose of candy or gum everyday. I was once called CANDYMAN for not running out of candies inside my bag. As my friend Lester would always say “Ang tindahan mauubusan ng candy, Ikaw hindi!”.
8. Anti-Dandruff Shampoo. It’s just that I feel my hair is still dirty if I just use a regular shampoo. Weird right?
7. Beer. I am a heavy social drinker but beer can make me go crazy with just 2 bottles!
6. Music Lover. Most pinoys are known for being music lovers, I am one of those. I listen to music everyday, In my room, in the car, at the office even inside the bathroom. My day is not complete without it.
5. Banker. I worked as a Customer Service Associate (teller) in Equitable PCI Bank in 2006. It was just a short stint, I guess a month and a week, a not so good experience for a first real job.
4. Triple Date. I was once dated 2 persons at the same time. To make it worse I dated them on the same day, the same mall, watched the same movie at the same time. It’s like a scene in a comedy film and I swear I will not do it again! Whew!
3. Internet. I can live a single day without cable tv but not without an internet connection. I started using the internet in 1998 (it was MIRC days). Then comes the social-networking sites and now here I am, blogging since 2007.
2. Dancer. I love dancing ever since I was young. My very first dancing experience was on my 7th birthday party. me and my childhood friends formed a dance group I just forgot the name of our group. I’m also a member of the Dance Troupe in High School.
1. Fanatic. I am a certified fanatic. I have movies, cds and magazine covers of the celebrities I like. To name a few: Jennylyn Mercado, Lindsay Lohan, Kyla and the former HALE band.
I hope that with this entry you got the chance to know me a little bit more than usual. How about 27 more things next year?